Services – Bid Strategy / Development
Bid Strategy Advice
We will meet with you to discuss your approach to bidding and how this links to your overall business development strategy. We can provide a Report which can cover the following:
- Review of your recent bid activity with recommendations on how this can be strengthened
- Examination of Debrief Feedback from clients, including suggestions on how you can address this
- Consideration of your market place including emerging trends, especially in what is becoming important for your clients
- An external perspective of how your company is positioning itself in the market place, including what your website is saying about you
- Help with unlocking the benefits that can come from a strategic approach to bidding, including an understanding of how the public sector likes to do business
- View on the role that accreditations, awards, testimonials, networking, exhibitions and conferences can play within a business development / bidding strategy
- An Action Plan to help ensure that agreed changes are put in place in a SMART way with clearly allocated responsibilities
Bid Health Check
We can provide a full Bid Health Check Report that can answer the following questions:
- What view will clients likely have of your bids?
- Do you have all the necessary elements in place to ensure winning bids?
- What are your USPs / Differentiators and how can you maximise these within your bids?
- What is currently missing from your bids? and how / who will address these gaps?
- How can you position your business to significantly increase your chances of submitting winning bids?
- Is your Bid Process configured for optimum effect?
- Do you have an effective Bid / No Bid decision-making process?
Production of Client and Competitor Intelligence Reports
Understanding both your Client and your Competitors is key to delivering winning bids. Our service here can include:
- Compiling a Client Intelligence Report that provides insights on your client e.g. what their strategy and objectives are; what are the internal / external forces at work; what their Hot Buttons are likely to be; who their current contractors are and how these are performing; how you can address their approach to risk
- Compiling a Competitor Intelligence Report that provides insights on your likely competitors e.g. what their USPs and Differentiators are likely to be; how are they currently performing; some indication of their current client list; what the internal / external forces for them are likely to be; how you can distinguish your business from your competitors
We recommend that, where possible, work on these begins in advance of the tender process.